Our team provides advice and support on a wide range of data protection matters.
- assessing the impact of the personal data processing activity and data flow in relation with the clients’ activities
- identifying the risks related to data processing
- assisting the client in implementing measures for observing the GDPR requirements
- data protection matters in recruitment and employment process
- processing personal data through CCTV systems
- internal regulations and policies, privacy notices, consent forms, privacy agreements, privacy policies for site, data protection agreements
Our work on Data Protection and privacy related matters includes assistance to:
- A company operating in the field of telecommunication services in relation to processing of personal data, assessing the impact of the personal data processing activity and data flow in relation with all the company’s activities, identifing the risks related to such processing and assisting the client in implementing measures for observing the GDPR requirements. Legal work included drafting all related documentation: internal regulations and policies, privacy notices, consent forms, privacy agreements etc.
- One of the biggest supermarket chains in Romania in connection with processing of personal data, assessment of the processing operations impact and the legitimate interest in processing, processing of personal data through online platform, reviewing and implementing profiling schemes, data protection matters in the process of recruitment and employment, processing personal data of employees in the context of performing an analysis of the workforce and employees’ retention in order to reduce staff turnover, processing employees’ personal data on intranet, drafting and reviewing documents regarding data processing (various notices on processing personal data of employees, collaborators and clients, consent forms and privacy agreements, privacy policies, forms for data protection impact assessment – DPIA, terms and conditions for on-line store, agreements between controllers and between controllers and processors), day-to-day assistance in relation to new processes and e-commerce activities.
- A consulting and software development company in connection with various data protection matters such as: processing of personal data, implementing measures and drafting related policies and notifications for observing the GDPR requirements, drafting DPA, reviewing various agreements in the context of data processing, assisting in connection with various complaints of individuals regarding their personal data, migration of personal data, security incidents, transfer of personal data abroad.
- An international pharma company in connection with various data protection matters, drafting related contracts, policies and notifications for processing personal data, assisting in performing the necessary steps in order for the company to become compliant with GDPR, data mapping, gap analysis and risk assessment .
- A top tier pharmaceutical company in connection with data protection issues, including advice regarding conditions and necessary consents required for data processing of healthcare professionals in Romania as well as processing of personal data in relation to marketing purposes, review of information notices and consent forms for personal data processing.
- A top luxury automotive manufacturer on various TMT issues, such as legal matters concerning the implementation of new communication technology in the automotive industry, machine to machine communication in permanent roaming, processing of personal data, distance contracting and consumer protection aspects.
- An US player specialized in design activities and trade show services in connection with implementation of data processing activities, drafting all related documentation including various privacy policies, information notices, consent forms, data protection agreements, advice in connection with processing of sensitive data and video surveillance at the workplace.
- A multinational digital marketing company in relation to processing of personal data and GDPR implementation, assessment of data flow re information collected and processed for human resources and recruitment purposes, drafting various policies in connection with protection of personal data applicable for candidates and employees.
- A real estate company operating a well-known real estate site regarding the implementation of the necessary measures from the GDPR perspective, including drafting information notices on the processing of personal data of employees and candidates, drafting information notices on processing personal data through CCTV systems and accesss control systems, drafting data processing contracts with suppliers, drafting registers for records of personal data processing, drafting privacy policies for the site.
- A global payments-enablement and software company in connection with processing personal data of its employees, assessing the conditions and limitations in collecting and processing of employees’ sensitive personal data.
- A global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical in connection with data protection matters in the context of coronavirus pandemic, including the possibility of asking employees to take Covid test and related limitations.
- An international IT company in relation to various data protection matters in the context of COVID-19 pandemic, including employees’ vaccination/COVID 19 data and cross border transfer of employees’ personal data.
A client praises Placintescu Riti & Asociatii’s “knowledge and responsiveness” and adds: “The employment team is there every time we need and always provides us quickly with clear advice. (Chambers Europe, 2022)
“A very serious and professional firm that offers legal services at the level of the top big firms and the balance between quality and price is excellent. We have a close relationship with our lawyers which is beneficial for our business. Ana-Maria Plăcintescu and Bogdan Riti are always there when we need them and their services are of the highest standards.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“They are on point, up to date with every law and have an answer for everything quickly. All team members were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and always on top of everything.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“I know that we can always rely on their help; the help is provided quickly and is comprehensive.”(Chambers Europe, 2020)
Clients describe the employment practice as “flexible” and praise the lawyers for their “solid arguments when presenting opinions”. (Chambers Europe, 2020)