We assist our clients in the full spectrum of corporate matters, including advice for business structuring & restructuring, as well as on all steps related to merger and acquisition transactions.
- Drafting By-laws for all type of corporate entities
- Registering trading companies, NGO’s and any other forms of entities
- Shares assignment, capital increase & decrease
- Merger, spin-off, voluntary dissolution & liquidation, bankruptcy
- Compliance & governance
- Business transfers, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and reorganisation
- Management agreements, shareholders agreements, memoranda of understandings, codes of conduct
- Preparing tender books, presentation files, offers and other related documentation
- Assistance during tender procedures and/or direct negotiations
- Due-diligence activities
- Drafting and negotiation of transaction documentation
- Advising on post-closing matters
- Assistance on the day-to-day operations of the clients (e.g. compliance of the decision-making process of all corporate bodies, legal assistance during general meetings of shareholders/founders, board meetings and meetings of other corporate bodies, assistance for the registration formalities, assistance to obtain the required authorizations and licensing, etc.)
Our work on Corporate/M&A matters includes assistance to:
- A company performing technical assessments in construction field in relation to undertaking of the on-going business from a multinational player in the field. The transfer of undertaking included transfer of employees, assets and on-going contracts. We assisted the client in all phases of the transaction and drafted all related documentation regarding the transfer, as well as in connection with post-acquisition matters.
- A leading engineering professional services company in relation to reorganization process, transfer of undertaking and corporate restructuring.
- A multinational company activating in development and integration software in connection with corporate governance requirements in different types of entities.
- An international NGO active worldwide for implementing new corporate governance rules, assistance in the general meeting of founders, drafting all related documentation and assistance before the competent authorities to register and render effective the respective corporate changes. Assistance in connection with taking over of the activity of another NGO performing social and educational supporting services for children.
- A multinational professional services company in connection with the various matters related to the liability of the management body.
- A multi-level marketing company in connection with corporate governance matters, amendment of the corporate documents and fulfilling the registration formalities.
- A leading company in the water treatment field in connection with the reshaping of the corporate shareholding structure.
- A global manufacturer of colors, flavors and fragrances in connection with shutting down of its local representative office.
- A new player on the waste recycling of electrical and electronic equipment market in connection with the reshaping of the corporate shareholding structure and other day-to-day corporate matters.
- An integrated pharmaceutical service provider servicing over 4,000 pharmacies and hundreds of public and private hospitals in connection with complex corporate issues related to the exercise of the option to buy the shares sold to a third party buyer and for the implementing of the change in the shareholding structure; drafting the related documentation for the implementing of the transaction.
- An automotive data solutions and workflow provider in connection with changes in the management body and the expansion of its office in a new location.
- An NGO acting in the field of university education in connection with the restructuring of its activities by implementing new corporate governance, assistance in connection with the organizing of general meeting of founders, updating the founders structure, changing the management body, changing the name, changing the scope and related activities, updating its Statute, drafting all related documentation and assistance before the competent authorities to register and render effective the respective corporate changes
- A local player specialized in lending support to small and medium enterprises which are looking to expand or grow their business in Romania in connection with the establishment of an NGO having as main objective supporting and sustainably developing agricultural education and adapting it to new trends at national and European. Drafting the related documentation and assistance before the competent authorities to register the NGO
- An international NGO active in 70 countries having as mission eradicating precarious housing and helping vulnerable communities overcome the chronic lack of decent and affordable housing in connection with the merger with a local subsidiary, assistance regarding members’ general meetings and drafting/reviewing related documents.
- A local player providing architectural, engineering services and technical consultancy in the field of water and wastewater management in connection with the reorganization and the shutting down of its activities, including assistance in connection with termination of on-going main agreements, drafting of all necessary documentation and representing before the Trade Registry for the deregistration.
- A local group of companies in connection with the shutting down of their activities and their voluntary dissolution and liquidation; drafting of all necessary corporate documentation and representing before the Trade Registry for the deregistration thereof.
A client praises Placintescu Riti & Asociatii’s “knowledge and responsiveness” and adds: “The employment team is there every time we need and always provides us quickly with clear advice. (Chambers Europe, 2022)
“A very serious and professional firm that offers legal services at the level of the top big firms and the balance between quality and price is excellent. We have a close relationship with our lawyers which is beneficial for our business. Ana-Maria Plăcintescu and Bogdan Riti are always there when we need them and their services are of the highest standards.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“They are on point, up to date with every law and have an answer for everything quickly. All team members were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and always on top of everything.” (Legal 500, 2020)
“I know that we can always rely on their help; the help is provided quickly and is comprehensive.”(Chambers Europe, 2020)
Clients describe the employment practice as “flexible” and praise the lawyers for their “solid arguments when presenting opinions”. (Chambers Europe, 2020)